Thursday 22 March 2012

Embroidered Linen Brooches

Hello again.  Today I received some brooch pins that I had ordered online only yesterday morning - superfast delivery, didn't expect them so quickly.  So I was really pleased to be able to complete some small brooches that I had started last week.  They are made from linen with flowers embroidered on that I had just sort of made up as I went along.  Well, I sketched the designs first on paper and then decided which stitches to use according to their shape.  There were a couple that I wasn't happy with but the rest became brooches today.


I've put some in my Folksy shop to see if they attract any interest before I make more. http://folksy.com/items/3138642-Embroidered-Linen-Brooch  They're quite addictive to make once you get going and relatively quick too.  I have visions of myself sitting in the garden with a cup of tea and my linen and embroidery threads, being rather civilised, but it will probably be raining when I feel inspired.  I think this is my favourite one:

No comments:

Post a Comment