Wednesday 3 October 2012

Autumn Clothing

I've had this lovely piece of cotton velvet in a drawer for over a year now (as you can see by the creases - I'm a bit reluctant to introduce it too much to the iron though).  It's a mossy shade of green which is one of my perfect autumn colours and it has a tiny bit of stretch too.
I made it up in my usual 'pinafore' pattern so that I can wear it with a long sleeve t-shirt underneath, however, the neckline is a respectable height (I don't like anything too low!) so that I can dress it up with a necklace and my little cashmere cardi too.
I have to say that it does look better on me than on this stand - it's not very often I can say that - it fits so that the armholes and neckline are not gaping (it's probably my lack of large bust!). 
It's basically a front piece and a back piece and it's finished off with satin bias tape, no fastenings, it just pulls on over my head.
It took me about an hour to make and only 1 metre of fabric, so if I find more fabric I like there will be more photos to show!

No comments:

Post a Comment