Saturday 2 March 2013

Happy Little Purse

My old purse was becoming rather tatty and the compartments were torn, so whilst looking around the shops for a replacement I had to stop myself and say "hold on a minute, making bags and purses is what I do, why not just make one!"  Silly old me.


I chose a strong canvas for the outside and this lovely gingham for the inside.   I wanted something compact that would fit in my pocket so rather than having lots of separate compartments I just had a zipper for my coins and notes and a couple of slot pockets for my cards.  It all folds together neatly in thirds to keep everything secure.   I'm very happy with the result and may now make some for my online shops.  Keep a look out!

3 comments:

  1. I love this purse! I noticed you have waxed canvas in your shop (which is lovely) but will you be offering this material as well? Its so cute! Let me know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thank you for your interest. I have just enough of this fabric left to make one wallet - however it is mainly red with a grey and white stripe. If you're interested you could contact me via Etsy on the Hedgerow Bags shop and I could set up a custom order for you - I could send you a photo of the fabric first for your approval.
    Hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be lovely! Its TBL, thebaglady on Etsy....if you could send a picture of the fabric to view that would be great! I was thinking of getting a matching navy to go with the other pieces but when I saw this it really caught my attention. What would this cost? And do you have other fabric choices? Look forward to your response...

    ReplyDelete