Tuesday 31 December 2013

Wooly Christmas Gifts

My old Fair Isle cardigan was becoming very worn at the elbows and last week holes appeared; I was quite distressed, I love that cardi!  However, not to be defeated, I cut some patches from a scrap of closely woven woollen tweed and stitched them into place, I was happy again!
Then, much to my surprise a new Fair Isle cardigan came my way (it was Christmas after all), so now my dilemma is which one to wear
 
And, in keeping with the wooly theme, I also became the proud owner of a pair of Haflinger clogs.  They are a deep charcoal woollen felt with a cork base and a really sturdy rubber sole - perfectly comfortable for wearing around the house as slippers but also ideal for nipping outside to the garden or to bring in more logs without having to change.
I'd now just like to wish you all a very Happy New Year and I'll be back in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment