Monday 20 July 2015

Wooly Knits

My friend recently gave me a cardigan that she had knit for herself but didn't like the shape.  It had turned out a huge size so when I pulled it back there was plenty of yarn for me to go at, plus she had used two strands together of chunky yarn - a charcoal boucle and a rust.  There were also extra balls as well!
I used the two together and knit a boxy shaped jacket in a 2 x 2 moss stitch and reused the 2 large buttons from the original one.  It was knit on very large needles and I just sort of made it up as I went along, it came together in just over a week. (Sorry, not a very close up photo but you get the idea).
There was enough of the rusty colour to do another garment.  This time I found a nice free pattern on Ravelry - the Duchess Raglan Pullover.
This was knit on a circular needle and 4 double pointed needles so only the little bits under the armholes to sew together.  Unfortunately for me it was a size too small but it fits Lorna perfectly.  I think when Autumn arrives I'll knit this same pattern again with the charcoal yarn but in the next size up - watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment