Tuesday 5 June 2012

Features of the House

I haven't managed to update my blog for a while but I'm back now and continuing the theme of our new self build house.  This is one of ten beautiful sliding sash windows that my husband made - they took quite a long time to make but we're really pleased with the finished product.  There are two like this in the dormers on the top floor and you can stand and look out of the little triangular windows at the sides to get a good all round view across the fields.
I laid this slate floor in the kitchen.  It was heavy work and I was only able to lay about 15 in a session before I became tired and aching, so it took me a good few days.  Then I sealed them and grouted them.  There's underfloor heating pipes underneath all the floors so it should be toasty this winter!
This is one of my daughters helping me with the slate wall in the garden.  It's heavy work but very therapeutic.  I've done it all in stages over a period of a few months and this is the finished wall (apart from the front corner, but I'll get around to that sometime!
This photo was taken in the winter but now there are lots of colourful plants.  I'll have to remember to take an up to date photo to show you as it's quite lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment