Saturday 28 July 2012

New Things to Walk on

Today I thought that I would show you two completely different things that I have created recently but that also have a common link - they are both something that can be walked on.
This first picture was taken last week just before it had it's first ever haircut with the lawnmower.  I had planted the seed in the springtime and it seemed to take ages before it looked anything like a lawn, but now after lots of rain and warmth it is lush and green.  I just love to touch it!

This second picture is of my daughter and partner's sitting room floor in their new house.  When they got the keys a couple of weeks ago there was an old worn out pink carpet that just had to go.  So whilst Darren was away we pulled it up to reveal some old pine floorboards that were covered in years of grime.  It took a lot of hard work but we eventually had it all sanded down and varnished.  A lovely surprise for Darren as he didn't know that we were going to do this - it looks fabulous!  We also painted the walls a lovely shade of cream, put up a new light fitting, painted the bedroom as well and made some curtains.  It reminded me of the TV programme  'Changing Rooms'.

No comments:

Post a Comment