Tuesday 18 September 2012

Happy Birthday Emily

I've been so excited for the past week that I've hardly been able to contain myself!  I bought my daughter Emily her 26th birthday present last week but had to wait until her birthday today to reveal it.
I admit I had to take it out of it's box a few times just to look at it over the week you understand.  It's second hand (a new Bernina like this would be about £700) but it's such an excellent machine, she was ecstatic.  I bought my Bernina when I was 26 so it's rather a nice tradition to start - I wonder if it may continue, I hope so!
Imogen, James, Emily and Lorna after the birthday picnic at Silverdale, just a few miles from where we live.

You can see why it's called Silverdale - it's a beautiful piece of our coastline.

It's very important to keep paddling in the sea especially when you're as old as 26.  Although wellies are essential in these temperatures!  Happy Birthday to my beautiful daughter. X

No comments:

Post a Comment