Thursday 25 October 2012

Autumn Colours

I realise that I showed you this recent bag a couple of days ago but I couldn't resist a close up today (it was semi hidden in the previous photo), I just love, love, love the colours!

So, whilst in the Autumn colours mode I photographed my socks.  These are ones that I knitted last year, so they are a bit worn, however I love this random wool and having brought them out of Summer hibernation am now inspired to get the four needles out again and make some more - there's some amazing yarn out there that gives a sort of fair isle design from the one continuous strand.

And here is a scarf in another random yarn that I just finished today,  I was very happy with the result because it was so quick and easy and it only cost me £1.45.
Here are the instructions so that you can all make one (if you like knitting of course).  It's a double knitting yarn and I used 6.5mm needles but it will work for any yarn with different needles - just experiment!

Cast on 40 stitches
1st row:  knit 2, (knit 2 tog) 3 times, (yarn over, knit 1) 6 times, (knit 2 tog) 6 times, (yarn over, knit 1) 6 times, (knit 2 tog) 3 times, knit 2.
2nd row:  purl a row
3rd row:  knit a row
4th row:  purl a row
Repeat these 4 rows until you have the length you require then bind off with a knit row.

I know the 1st row looks a bit tricky but it's quite straight forward and it makes sense to you very quickly.  Do have a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment