Tuesday 9 October 2012

Loads of Logs



We finally finished one of the new log stores that we needed and had a delivery of our latest load of logs, (try saying that quickly!) James wheelbarrowed them around to the store and I stacked them up. I love stacking wood, it brings a great sense of reassurance getting ready for the winter and knowing that we can stay warm whatever happens, but also I love the process of fitting them all together. This is only a few of them, there were 742 logs in total, yes I'm afraid I had to count them - strange but true!

 
We also took the trailer to another log yard to collect our own and as you can see they have been chopped and split quite differently to the other ones. I'm sure this doesn't really matter but it does upset the look of my wood pile - I don't think the overall shape is half as pleasant to look at.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment