Sunday 24 February 2013

Little Painted Cupboards

These two small cupboards were looking rather tired and shabby, so I thought they would be happier with a new coat of paint.  I had bought one of them at a junk shop about 25 years ago and the other one was left in a house we bought 10 years ago.  Over the years they have gone from white to pale pink to dark green and then lastly to cream.  I bought a tester pot from Farow and Ball in a lovely soft pale green called Mizzle which was just enough to give them two coats each.

This is the finished result - although I must say the photo doesn't make it look much different from the original colour, I can assure you that it is beautiful!  Must remember to screw the handle back in place.  Now what else can I paint?  It's a good job that it was only a small pot otherwise all our furniture would be pale green by now!

No comments:

Post a Comment