Thursday 18 April 2013

A Few Small Bags

My sewing projects this week have been rather varied.  I've been making a Wedding Dress for my daughter's friend - just the hem to be hand sewn now, but I can't show you any photos yet until after the big day in about a month from now.
I've sewn a pair of curtains for a friend's grandad - I don't think that he's seen the fabric yet but it's a beautiful pale blue damask, he's sure to approve!
Then, there are a few small bags:

These two are only about 5 or 6 inches wide with long shoulder straps - perfect for a phone, purse and keys.


The two drawstring bags above are made from a vintage cotton fabric that someone gave me.  It had been cut out into a child's sundress but never sewn up.  Not all the pieces were there so I couldn't complete it, shame!
The two bags below are vintage towelling lined with a waterproof fabric - I think they make rather fun washbags for summer holidays.
I'll put them on Etsy when I have taken more photos, but it's dark, wet and windy now and I like to photograph outside for better lighting.


2 comments:

  1. What lovely little bags!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have many small pieces of fabric for such sized bags!

      Delete