Friday 12 April 2013

Natural Cushions

I wanted to make some new cushion covers and came across this piece of natural coloured linen mix in a jacquard weave.  I really wanted to use it but there was only enough for two fronts and a small bit spare, so I searched through my shelves and found a perfectly matching piece of fabric that I could use for the backs along with the spare bit.  An envelope opening is so quick and simple to do, so I had two new covers within a very short time.  I may put a button on the opening but we'll see how it goes.

 I couldn't stop there.  I had also found this striped linen among my 'natural' shelf section but again it was only a smallish piece.  However, it did two fronts and two back halves.  A bit of co-ordinating herringbone weave completed the backs.
I sometimes have a problem using my favourite fabrics, I don't want to use them for one thing just in case I may want them for something else later on.  I also love to just have them on the shelf to look at and re-arrange now and again.  But, as these are now in the sitting room I can enjoy them everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment