Saturday 11 May 2013

A Pale Blue Sewing Day.

 It was a very wet rainy day yesterday and I had the whole day uninterupted, so what better creative thing to do than to make a few more clothes from my favourite sewing book.  This is a raglan sleeve blouse which I made from a fine blue and white striped cotton.  The pattern suggested a small keyhole opening for the front fastening with a loop and button.  I rather fancied making a placket with half a dozen small buttons.

Then after lunch (only time for a coffee and a toasted tea cake) I chose my next pattern.  I decided to use the pinafore pattern and added the small sleeve and a couple of patch pockets.  It's one of those dresses that can be worn with layers underneath or just by itself.  I love the versatility of being able to wear them all year around.

The fabric I had was a mid blue cotton which is quite thick but also soft and snuggly.  I used some left over fabric from my daughter's climbing pants for the facing around the neck - it's a cotton lawn from Liberty.  I love the wrapover shoulder seams - they remind me of the vests I used to wear as a small girl.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful new wardrobe you are creating!

    Nx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - wait till you see today's fabric purchase - I'm so excited, the only shame is that there was only 2 metres of it and I want to make trousers, skirt, top and dress. I've just washed it so you'll see it soon. X

    ReplyDelete