Sunday 30 June 2013

What a Beautiful Day

 
A perfect day was had by all yesterday!  Here's my husband, daughters and boyfriends just enjoying our picnic after paddling in the beck, having just had a very pleasant walk near Buckden in the Yorkshire Dales.  It's about an hour and a half drive from where we live now, but it's familiar territory from where James and I grew up.  It's where we often went with friends in our Minis in the early 1980's when we had just passed our driving tests.  Gosh, that seems a long time ago!
 


Then, later on we drove on to Grassington (another small Dales village) where they were holding a Festival.  We'd bought tickets to see the Levellers - my favourite band.  They were absolutely brilliant!!!  We were standing right at the very, very front and had the perfect view.  I can't begin to explain how amazing it was.  Take a look at them here.
I'm completely exhausted now, we didn't stop dancing and singing the whole time.  I hope I'm not getting too old for this lark! 

No comments:

Post a Comment