Thursday 4 July 2013

Whitby Camping Trip

I was just looking through some photos and realised that I hadn't shown you our recent little holiday.  It was a couple of weeks ago, the weather was brilliant and there was a slot of 4 days when we didn't really have any plans - so camping was the obvious choice.
This was the wonderful view of the sunset over Whitby when we had just finished pitching our tent.

Here are Imogen, Lorna and me having just climbed the 200 steps up to Whitby Abbey.  For those of you who don't know, Whitby is supposed to be where Dracula's ship landed when he came to our shores!! (I really wasn't worried, honestly)

An evening stroll through the village where we were camping - I think it looks rather French.

On our way back home we drove through the Yorkshire Dales and stopped here for our picnic and a spot of paddling.  It's a little place called Keld, in Swaledale, absolutely beautiful.
So a lovely short holiday was enjoyed by all.  It was particular nice because it was where we used to go when the girls were small, so lots of happy memories as well.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful little holiday! I know Swaledale very well and it is gorgeous, but I am ashamed to say I have never yet visited Whitby in spite of having a big black cat named Bram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you must visit that coast if you get a chance. Nice little fishing villages and smuggler's coves. Excellent Tea Shops too.

    ReplyDelete