Sunday 7 July 2013

A Little Celebration

It was our 28th Wedding Anniversary yesterday, so to celebrate I cut these beautiful scented roses from the garden and placed them in the kitchen.  Their scent is so strong that I smell them every time I walk through. Not sure if James appreciates them like I do though!

Next I made some Banana and Pumpkin seed muffins - I usually make soft bananas into loaf cakes but came across this Australian recipe and thought I'd give it a go.

And to finish with on this hot summer day I made some lemonade. So easy, you just squeeze the juice from 2 lemons, then put that aside.  Put the cut lemons into a jug with 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 pint of boiled water.  Leave to cool, stirring occasionally, then when cold add the lemon juice, pour through a sieve and drink!
What a lovely day.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Ruth & James. I'm glad you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I love receiving your comments. You should do a blog too, you have a nice way with words.

    ReplyDelete