Monday 16 September 2013

A Holiday in the Highlands

 
We decided last week to take a few days holiday in the Scottish Highlands to stay with my brother-in-law.  We had a lovely relaxing time following the two previous stressful weeks of moving house.  This is the view from their sitting room window - it's so wonderful and peaceful, just what we needed.
 

On one of the days we climbed up the hill to the Fyrish monument.  I found myself taking loads of photos, so here are just a few.
 



I love the shapes of the trees, particularly with the dappled sunlight coming through, and this lichen was the most beautiful shade of pale green; huge clumps of it everywhere.
I'll show you more photos tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. This part of the world is paradise to me. Thank you for these stunning pictures.

    N x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we had lovely weather too for most of the time. We'll go back up there again for New Year and hopefully lots of snow!
      x

      Delete