Saturday 5 October 2013

Kitchen Fitting

After being in our new house for over a month now we have finally got the new phone line and internet up and running - it's amazing to realise how much we rely on it when we didn't have a connection, I've being doing bits and pieces at work but I'm not really supposed to (so don't tell anyone!)
So, now I can get back to blogging and browsing - not that I have a lot of free time as there's always something to do at home.
Here I am in the kitchen cupboard putting some fixings in for the shelves, it's a good job that I'm small, I don't know how big, burly builders manage.

Our electricity supply was connected yesterday as well; we were running an extension lead from next door up until then.  So, the kitchen is looking good and functioning well.  James needs to make the cupboard doors still but until then I am happy with my curtains - they were bedroom curtains that I cut up from the old house and gathered onto wires -  with the slate floor and the ceramic sink I think they suggest a sort of French farmhouse image.

And here's the cupboard I painted a few weeks ago, it was only going to be temporary storage but I've decided to leave it here.  Now all I need to complete the kitchen is the slate worktop which is arriving in about 2 weeks - I can't wait for it, I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment