Monday 7 October 2013

A Floral Day

Two of my daughters do some volunteering in the gardens at Sizergh Castle, which is a National Trust property near to where we live.  Lorna brought home these flowers from when they were tidying and cutting back some of the plants - I don't know what they are called but they come from a large shrub - the leaves have been eaten by something but the deep pink flowers still look amazing.  I put them outside as the floral part is a lot longer than the stems and they drape all over the table.  They look magnificent!
By the way, do you recognise the base of the table?  It's the one that I found and used to support my outside sink when we didn't have any washing up facilities in the new house.  Now that I have running water in the kitchen I am able to abandon the alfresco set up.  However, these offcuts of my slate flooring fit perfectly on top and so once again the old table gets a new lease of life!

Talking of a new lease of life I can't believe that my Sweet Peas are still going strong - I nearly pulled them up a couple of weeks ago but now there are new blooms every day.  I think that Skye likes the scent of them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment