Saturday 10 March 2012

Gardening & Baking


I know this is not a particularly exciting photo but when I was out in the garden today - getting rid of all the moss which seemed to be covering the soil - I was really pleased to discover that lots of little Welsh poppies were coming up.  Last year I sprinkled the seeds all over the place and many have taken. Also my first colour in the garden this year - purple crocus. I think we're a bit behind the rest of the country with our growing season!



All this fresh air called for some home baking.  Now, like quite a few people I know, I am a bit afraid of bananas.  That may sound daft but I can't cope with the smell!  However, my family do like banana cake so I braced myself and mashed the bananas - at arms length - and hey presto I survived.



Sorry that the photos are a bit dark but it was getting quite late in the afternoon by then.  Still no sewing machine so I'm trying to be creative in other ways.  Bye for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment