Thursday 17 May 2012

Knitting Project


When I was in our local library the other day looking for gardening books I came across this knitting book called Simple Style (it was just on the same shelf).  There was a lovely pattern for a cardigan which was knit on circular needles, which I've not used before but I thought I'd have a go.  Whilst looking for wool I found this huge 400g ball of Aran which is in a sort of  '2nd World War brown' colour - rather dull and sombre but also goes with everything!  It's knitting up really nicely so far - I just hope I can cope with the round yoke.  This is what it should look like when finished:


I haven't knit anything for ages but I did start to crotchet a baby blanket last summer in some lovely pink cotton yarn that a friend gave me - it's not finished yet but I don't know any baby girls at the moment so there's no rush.  However, remembering it did make me think that I would like to give my friend a gift in exchange for the yarn so I made her this large purse that will slip into her tote bag and fits her diary, phone, purse and glasses - just what she needed!  Hope she likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment