Sunday 13 October 2013

Chiffon and Linen

When I saw this chiffon printed all over with butterflies I couldn't resist buying a piece with a view to wearing it as a scarf.  But, I didn't find the time to hem the edges before wearing it and having thought that it would be quite soft it actually turned out to be a bit scratchy, although it did look nice and I persevered for a while but then left in in the drawer.

Then, one of my friends was clearing out her scarf drawer and there was this linen scarf - a bit thin in places and faded in others but still, I'm a sucker for linen and so it came my way.

Seeing these two rejects together gave me the obvious solution; they happened to be exactly the same size - you could say made for each other.  I placed them right sides together and machine stitched around all four sides, leaving a little gap in which I could turn it all out again.  A few slip stitches to finish off the gap and there you have it - a lovely soft scarf  that can now be worn in comfort.


No comments:

Post a Comment