Saturday 2 November 2013

New bags for MOLLI

This week in between 'house' stuff,  I've been spending spare moments of time making some new bags for the craft shop.  We affectionately call the museum and shop MOLLI which stands for Museum of Lakeland Life and Industry.  I thought I should stock up a bit for the Christmas season.  Here are a few more.


These were all made from furnishing fabrics. Some of it is quite stiff which gives a good structure to the bags and some of it (mainly the William Morris designs) lends itself to a pleated design.  I often use the same proportions for my bags but it depends on the size of the fabric and what I have to co-ordinate it with, so no two are exactly the same. 
I have some purses cut out and waiting to be sewn up so hopefully I'll be able to show you those tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. It's probably just as well I no longer live in Cumbria otherwise MOLLI would soon be running out of bags! I spy Blackthorn fabric as well as Willowboughs. Sigh. So lovely, I don't know how you can bear to part with them but some lucky shoppers in Kendal will be picking up beautiful Christmas gifts this year :-)

    ReplyDelete