Sunday 1 December 2013

Busy, Busy

First of all I apologise for not keeping up with my blog recently but I've been unbelievably busy - you can't imagine just how little spare time I have had over the past few weeks.  But, all will be revealed soon!!
I did fit in a spot of baking yesterday, we still need something to go with the cups of tea and this recipe is really quick and easy so I thought that I would share it with you.

Gingerbread Cake
75g melted butter
100g sugar
200g Self Raising Flour
1 egg
2 tablesp. syrup (1 black, 1 golden)
1 teasp. ginger
1 teasp. bicarb of soda
quarter of a pint of boiled milk

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl (it will look rather sloppy) and bake in a 7 inch square tin for 45 mins at 160 degrees C.

Because I don't have anything else to show you I thought you might like this small fat bird sitting on the woodshed, I think it was a bit tired and sleepy because it didn't even move when I got up close to photograph it. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh your cake looks wonderful and I'm going to try your recipe. I had a disaster with my Parkin and had to throw the whole cake in the bin (which grieved me, all that wasted butter, I'm very thrifty!). Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete